Monday, October 19, 2009

Mr. President, a new Health Plan Proposition!

We’ll call it the 5/55! This is what it has cost me tonight to take my son to the hospital, have an X-Ray and a sonogram!!! 5 Rs. for hospital registration, 55 Rs. for the 2 procedures!! I’ll let you do the math, $1 is equivalent to 46-48 Rs. And I tell you folks, he had the best of care! It felt like we were in Miami, going to Jackson South and being given the special treatment we always get there, with Lenny and Marie-Maurice! The owner of the hotel we were staying at, knew the right people, so we went right in, were seen by the Senior Doctor, had the two procedures done in a flash, and we were out of there! Now the medicines cost quite a bit! 124 Rs.!! I don't think anywhere in the world can beat that! The whole thing costs about $4!! Crazy, ne?!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Bello !we truly enjoy reading your letters and are happy to know that you are having a good time in India.

    It's only now we are finding that "you could talk" :-)

    Maybe ...going away more often could be a new way of getting to "know you better" éh !
    Take care,
    Emmanuel / Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree one hundred percent!! Unfortunately, Pantal might have a different idea about the whole going away issue!
    I am happy to know the family is going along with me in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle.

    This is Sheilla (I have a weird Google name). Put me in the category of "last to know." I had no idea you were in India! I just now found out (after looking at the email from Marjorie L).

    I'm getting up to read the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Sheilla! It is a quick an easy way for me to keep in touch with, and share my experience with everyone all at once!

    ReplyDelete