Monday, August 31, 2009

Driving in India



I am not sure why I am starting this topic now! This deserves a few hours! And now I only have a few minutes. Well, it is actually going to come up often in my talks. Whenever I go anywhere, some incidents on the road will come up ...so driving in India is the perfect application of the saying"La raison du plus fort est toujours la meilleure!" Now when "le plus fort" is a massive cow or a buffalo, I understand.






When it is a goat or a tiny rickshaw driver or a family - that means, Dad, Mom, and two babies-one on Mom's lap, the other on Dad's, I have some issue with the picture! It is truly mad driving here! No wonder I was so strongly recommended to not attempt driving here. Between cows and buffaloes, trucks, vegetable push carts, mopeds, cycles, the adorable rickshaw (I haven't figured out yet how, but I know I will bring one back with me to the states!) people and more people, goats, dogs, pigs and finally cars it is an absolute mad house on the road! Haiti has not seen the 100th of this maddening crowd in the streets.




OK, so everyone I am sure has an image in their mind of cows and buffaloes and goats walking down the streets, right? Now did anyone think of this picture?


Mind boggling! They are totally oblivious of you and anything around them! These are not just a few isolated incidents! It's all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment