Sunday, August 16, 2009


Happy Birthday, Pantal. August 14th, about 9AM - went to a serious meltdown!! If Rachel was not there, I would not be here!! I guess it was a combination of seeing her beautiful familiar face, Nael being his usual "I am your man" attitude, Sole (I won't go there!) and the realization that I wasn't going to see them for a while AND the fact that I was still not done with packing that just made me lose it completely. So Rachel took over and by the time Muriel came into the picture, between Rachel offering to give me a Xanax and Muriel suggesting that a good shot of Barbancourt would be quicker and more efficient :-) I was almost my old self again!
We are off. Good bye, everyone, we'll continue our dialogue from India!

2 comments:

  1. Bello,
    The more I read your tales, the more I enjoy myself. I really wish I were with you. I love your comments and excursions. As you said, sharing this experience has such richness for me that I wish I had done that in France. I would love to be there to learn Hindi too, you know how much I love languages. This kind of reminds me of when I was in Greece and some people spoke Greek only and I strove so hard to understand. You will come out richer from all this. I also know that when we speak Creole or French around others it might seem rude but it is so "natural" for us. I am kind of surprise by your previous reaction because we do it too.
    And you know there is no malice intended when we act like that. When we go somewhere, we must learn the language and not expect others to speak to us in our own tongue even if they know it. I am not moralizing or lecturing, mind you; just commenting on what may not seem obvious until we experience it. I send my love, as always. Thanks for the prayer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw this comment, Danie, until now!! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete