Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finances











This post is going to go straight to the hearts of those of you who have been to Europe lately... travelling in a foreign country you are expecting to exchange money, right?... Well, like everyone else, I did just that upon arriving in Frankfurt for our 6 hour lay-over. We exchanged $40.00, Kahlil and I had breakfast, consisting of a coffee and a croissant for me, and soup and an apple juice for Kap! We left Frankfurt 6 hours later with 3 Euros! Oops, I forgot, I also got a huge chocolate bar upon landing! Now arriving in India I changed $200.00. Six days later I have about 60 Rs. what have we done? Lunch in Delhi, 2 days. Visit in a Rickshaw (Pictures will be posted shortly!) to the India Gate and the Red Fort. Taxi to the Airport in Delhi. Settling in Indore (though most everything was already set for us when we arrived), little house knic knack that we still needed. A beautiful Kamaaz (picture will follow!) for me - haven't dared the Saree yet! Nice dinner Kahlil and I after our shopping spree last night. Think I am done?... nope! Cell phone and syms (?) card with 500 Rs balance on the card!!! Dannie, Pantal, don't you wish your seminar this summer was in India?! Even Haiti can not compare!!




There are two topics that I havent touched upon yet. Foods and the Slumdogs. Both deserve a session all to themselves. The first one I am getting it slowly and I am almost ready to discuss this issue! The second one needs a bit more thoughts and understanding on my part. Not ready!




OK, till another day. I will post the pictures in a little while.

5 comments:

  1. Finally I can view and comment. It is simply amazing and we do wish we were in your place - green with envy but loving every minute of it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, ok, ok,
    4 pictures is plain not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Camille!!! Its ashley, and i hope your birthday went well. I spent our birthday in disney world. I'm delighted to see your blog and i will continue to read about your adventures. It seems like you are having a blast already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tu nous as fait saliver et maintenant plus rien. On attend plus de photos et de commentaires, fatiguee, debordee de travail, ou de plaisir, on s'en moque! Des nouvelles, des nouvelles, c'est tout ce qu'on exige car on est parti a l'aventure avec toi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Camillle, You were the best chem teacher I had ever had. Not just a professor but a real teacher and I looked for you to take the next step. Missed you and wondered where you had gone. SO happy to be back in touch and that you are doing so wonderful Hope that I am as good a teacher as you are when I finally finish MDC.

    ReplyDelete